Thursday, April 11, 2013

Zoraida Cordova

Welcome to my fellow Sourcebooks Fire author, Zoraida Cordova. I officially nominate her for the  best Young Adult Fiction Author Name award. Right?  Zoraida's second novel, Savage Blue, the follow up to Vicious Deep comes out May 7, 2013. So pick up your copy in May!
 
Zoraida Córdova was born in Guayaquil, Ecuador, where she learned to speak English by watching Disney's The Little Mermaid and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on repeat. Her favorite things are sparkly like merdudes, Christmas, and New York City at night.
Zoraida and Best Friend!
 
 
Now let's talk teen best friends with Zoraida. Did you have a best friend in high school? If you did, are you still in touch in any way?
I’m the godmother to her babies! So it’s safe to say that 11 years later, we’re still friends. We don’t spend hours on the phone watching TV anymore, but we really meant it when we said BFFL.

How awesome is that! Godmother! Also. You are beautiful and young. But I forgive you because you write great books.  If applicable tell us about a time when a best friend betrayed you.  
In elementary and junior high school I was “best friends” with a girl who was pretty spoiled. Her parents weren’t wealthy, but they gave her everything. She was always the “pretty one” in our group, but her confidence came from undermining my own. I think I was 14 when I started changing and hanging with an artsy-alt crowd that we finally stopped being friends. She called me a freak, and I realized I didn’t need someone like that in my life. We have not spoken since.

Oh. I love artsy-alt crowds.  People who get confidence from sucking up other people's don't make very good friends, that's for sure! What is something your best friend did for you, that probably no other person would ever do.
We got our belly buttons pierced together at a Flushing dive where we weren’t carded. That and she doesn’t judge me, even when I make poor choices. Which might be often.  

Love it! Would love to hear that whole story.  Did you parents know? Did it hurt? Did you have to take out the piercing when you were pregnant. :)  Okay,  never mind, what did you love most about you teenage best friend?
I loved (and still do) how much she loves. She can wholeheartedly love people--friends/family/boys--and I don’t know how she does it.

Yes, that is a totally lovely trait!!
What drove you most crazy about your teenage best friend?
She couldn’t see how beautiful she was. Sometimes I just wanted to shake her and say “you are perfect!” but she wouldn’t believe it. I think she does now.

What did you learn from your best teen friend?
I learned how to keep the important people close. It’s easy to surround yourself with the “cool” kids, but in the end, I prefer a small group of true friends who truly understand and love you.

Love it! She sounds like an amazing friend, and it's so wonderful you are still friends with babies! That sounds like such a wonderful relationship. Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your story!
THE SAVAGE BLUE
A storm is coming...
The ocean is a vicious place. Deeper and darker than Tristan could have imagined. Beneath its calm blue surface, an ancient battle is churning —and no one is safe.
In the quest for the Sea Throne, Tristan has already watched one good friend die. Now he must lead the rest on a dangerous voyage in search of the trident that will make him king. But while Tristan chases his destiny, the dark forces racing against him are getting stronger, and the sea witch of his nightmares is getting closer.
Battling sea dragons and savage creatures of the deep, Tristan needs his friends' support. But they each have their secrets, and a betrayal will force Tristan to choose between his crown and his best friend Layla — the only girl he's ever loved.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment