Tuesday, April 23, 2013

GUESS WHAT BOOK JUST RELEASED?


Hello! And yes! It's HOW I LOST YOU that hits the shelves!!
 
I'm super excited about this book and hope that you love it as much as I do.  Here's the official blurb...




HOW I LOST YOU by Janet Gurtler

There are a few things Grace Anderson knows for sure. One is that nothing will ever come between her and her best friend, Kyla Kessler. They have a pact. Buds Before Studs. Sisters Before Misters. But in the summer before senior year, life throws out challenges they never expected and suddenly the person who's always been there starts to need the favor returned. Grace and Kya are about to find out how much a best friend can forgive. And the answer is not what they expected.
 
Order or pick up HOW I LOST YOU at your favorite book store!!!
 
 
 
 
 
**
 
So you may have noticed that I'm blogging about best friends all month long...and I thought I'd take a moment on my release day to write about another teen best friend of mine.
 
I blogged about a middle school friend break-up that kind of inspired HOW I LOST YOU...              Read about it here 
 
Luckily in Grades Ten and Eleven I had a new best friend. (I moved again in Grade 12) Her name was Rosalyn and she had red hair and a fabulous laugh. We got into trouble and talked and laughed and listened to 80's music that still makes me happy!  
 
 
Me and Rosalyn at a beach party!
 
  We had crushes on unattainable boys and stayed out way later than we should have and somehow made it through those years without harming ourselves or anyone else!
 
Rosalyn and I worked together at Ponderosa until I moved away. I had a rough year after I moved and after high school she eventually moved to a new city and we lost touch. Funny enough, I moved to the same city years later and we ran into each other at the grocery store! She was pregnant with her third baby and I was getting married. (I was a late bloomer) We went for coffee a few times and chatted about the old days. 
 
Later when my son was about four we went to a new dentist and Rosalyn was the hygienist there. She even came to my first book signing (when I wrote under my maiden name) and laughed because the cover of that book looked like the boy I'd been crazy about in high school.
 
 
We're not in touch anymore but Rosalyn will always have a special place in my heart. She was a great girl to hang out with and she turned out really well.  We both grew up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment