Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Liz Fichera's Best Friend


Liz is an author living in the American Southwest by way of Chicago. Her YA debut HOOKED released in January 2013 from Harlequin TEEN. Its companion, PLAYED, releases in 2014. Find her at her website here!  Liz's first book HOOKED was released in January 2013 and the follow up PLAYED will release in 2014!



When Native American Fredricka ‘Fred’ Oday is invited to become the only girl on the school’s golf team, she can’t say no. This is an opportunity to shine, win a scholarship and go to university, something no one in her family has done.

But Fred’s presence on the team isn’t exactly welcome — especially not to rich golden boy Ryan Berenger, whose best friend was kicked off the team to make a spot for Fred.

But there’s no denying that things are happening between the girl with the killer swing and the boy with the killer smile...

GET HOOKED ON A GIRL NAMED FRED

So...on to the talk about FRIENDS. Did you have a best friend in high school? If you did, are you still in touch?
LF: Yes I had a best friend, not we're not still in touch.

What do you miss most about the best friend?
LF: I miss that she knew me better than I knew myself. She knew whenever I was having a bad day and would always draw it out of me.  I could tell her anything. And I did.  She also loved to read my stories.

Did you ever have a big fight? 
LF: Yes, of course! She didn’t like a couple of my boyfriends and wasn’t afraid to let me know. Sometimes we wouldn’t speak for a while as I stewed.   As much as it pains me to admit it, she was always right.

Did you have a favorite song, or a favorite place where you hung out?
LF: We’d usually hang at my house.  We both loved old movies and The Carol Burnett Show. 

What did you and your best friend most love to do?
LF: Laugh. We’d love to laugh together about silly things.  Her laugh was infectious.  We also loved to play tennis.  She was an excellent tennis player.

Who was your best teen friend?
LF: My best friend has always been my mother, even when I was a teen.  She passed away in 2012.


Wow. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. On one hand you were so very lucky to have had your Mom as your best friend. On the other hand, it is so tragic that you lost her.  She must have been very proud to know that you were going to become a published author. I'm sorry she's not here to enjoy it with you.  Now everyone, go and hug your mom please.

No comments:

Post a Comment