Wednesday, September 7, 2011

IF I TELL- Is Kristina Springer JUST YOUR AVERAGE PRINCESS?

Welcome, welcome to Kristina Springer, an amazing Young Adult Author with a new book coming out OCTOBER 11!
JUST YOUR AVERAGE PRINCESS by Kristina Springer

Is this an amazing cover, or is this an amazing cover????
Um yeah it's an amazing cover!

 Jamie Edwards has loved everything about growing up on a pumpkin patch, but ever since her cousin Milan Woods arrived, things have really stunk. Jamie can’t imagine it was easy for Milan to leave her life back in Los Angeles and move to Average, Illinois, population one thousand. But it’s kind of hard to feel sorry for her since (a) Milan’s drop-dead gorgeous; (b) she’s the daughter of two of Hollywood’s hottest film stars; (c) she’s captured the attention of everyone in town, including Danny, Jamie’s crush since forever; and (d) she’s about to steal the title of Pumpkin Princess right out from underneath Jamie!

Kristina is also the author of THE ESPRESSOLOGIST and MY FAKE BOYFRIEND IS BETTER THAN YOURS. She has a Masters in Writing from DePaul University and she resides in a suburb of Chicago with her husband and children.

Plus. She has really great hair. (Oh this MIGHT be Janet's addition to the bio) But seriously. Look at her hair. Covet, covet!

So, Kristina! Thanks for stopping by to let me snoop inside your brain  chat! Tell us! Are you good at keeping secrets? Why or why not?

I am excellent! Most of the time. Really, if someone stresses to me NOT to say something then I won't. But I do have a really hard time not telling at least my husband and mom.

True date. Word to my teen friends (did I really just say word to my teen friends?)  when you get older, please know that it is very hard not to tell your husband most of the secrets you hear. Much harder than not telling a boyfriend imo.  Btw Kristina- I love that you have a close enough relationship with your mom that you tell her stuff (like secrets!)

Do you easily forgive friends for their mistakes? What is something you could never forgive a friend for?

Totally. I know no one is perfect and I don't have the energy to hold grudges. Even when I thought there was something completely unforgivable and I'd never forgive the person for? I still got over that about 6 months later. Now if a friend hurt someone in my family or made moves on my husband or something-- yeah I don't think I'd forgive that.

Also note teen friends, no making moves on future friends' husbands. Okay. So let’s just go ahead and stereotype Kristina for a moment! What kind of a teen were you, as in what “group” did you associate with? (cheerleader, Goth, nerd, jock , loner etc.)

Total dork! I was in all the school musicals, swing choir (we were so not Glee but it was cute anyway), and I played the flute in band.

Dorks for-evah! And um, could someone please explain to me what a swing choir is?  I should have done the musical thing in high school, but I was too busy getting into trouble.  Do-over! Anyhow, I know swing band is not what I'm imagining in my head. (shaking images from my head and returning to teen Kristina) So, describe for us your fave teen outfit.

Jeans and a tee shirt.

Simple and classic, no? So. If you could go back to high school knowing now what you didn’t know then, what is one thing you would change? What do you wish you could have told your teen self

Hmm, I probably wouldn't have sprayed my bangs up so high. I would have avoided the hair dryer and curling irons too. And I wish I would have taught my teen self proper facial care! I don't think I figured out the whole face wash, toners, moisturizers thing until college.


Ha ha ha. The bangs cracked me up! And proper facial care. Oh yes. Based on my serious face wrinkleage, I think I still need to figure that out.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by to chat about secrets and swing bands and hair!!!

You can find Kristina on her website at http://www.kristinaspringer.com/

And don't forget to check out  JUST AN AVERAGE PRINCESS OCTOBER 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment