Wednesday, October 5, 2011

If I Tell- Sydney Salter

Today to talk secrets, we have a wonderful author and a wonderful person as well, Sydney Salter.  Confession. My fave name for a girl is Sydney. I always wished I was named Sydney.

 Sydney Salter writes middle-grade and young adult fiction. She is the author of My Big Nose & Other Natural Disasters, Jungle Crossing, and Swoon At Your Own Risk. Sydney lives in Utah with her husband, two daughters, lazy cats, big hairy dogs, and a pair of quiet tortoises. When not writing, Sydney likes to read, think up adventures, experiment with new recipes, sample exotic chocolates, hike with her family and go to movies and rock concerts with her husband.



http://www.sydneysalter.com/

I love your books so much!!! Thanks for stopping by. So. Right to it. Are you good at keeping secrets? Why or why not?

Sydney: I am good at keeping secrets because I'd rather hear juicy new stuff than tell someone what I already know!


Love juicy new stuff too! Do you easily forgive friends for their mistakes? What is something you could never forgive a friend for?

Sydney: I consider learning to forgive people--even for awful behavior--one of the best life lessons I've learned. I could forgive a friend for anything, although that doesn't mean forgetting what kind of person he/she can be. I don't always continue to hang out with those I've forgiven, but at least I'm not carrying around a bunch of bitterness and resentment.

 Ah yes, the life lessons. Bitterness turns inward, best to move on! Okay. Let’s just go ahead and stereotype you for a moment, okay! What kind of a teen were you, as in what “group” did you associate with?

Sydney: My Biology teacher once called me a "smart rah-rah." I floated between the jocks and nerds, known, but not super popular.


A smart rah rah. I think it's a compliment. Smart and cheery! Full of pep! It fits!! So describe your fave teen "rah rah" outfit.

Sydney: A little red overalls mini-dress that I wore with a yellow spaghetti-strap tank. Combine that with my fluffy 80s perm & I felt SO cute!

You were so cute I bet.  Oh 80's hair. I wonder if you'll ever come back. If you could go back to high school knowing now what you didn’t know then, what is one thing you would change? What do you wish you could have told your teen self?

Sydney: I would have believed in myself and not worried so much about my flaws (duh, we all have them!). I would've told myself what I'm telling my daughter who starts high school this week: the key to high school is self-acceptance. Quiet confidence combined with genuine friendliness is incredibly attractive! And anyone who judges you based on the circumference of your thighs (or nose-width, in my case) isn't worth knowing, anyway.

True dat. And I think you have a lovely nose. And genuine friendliness! Thanks so much for stopping by Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment