Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 1 of 12 Days of YA Contemporary- MY LIFE AFTER NOW

To CELEBRATE the 12 days of Christmas, I thought I'd go with 12 YA Contemporary Books I'm looking forward to reading in 2013! If you have any more suggestions, please feel free to ad them!!

Day 1
A new book from Sourcebooks Fire.  The cover is gorgeous, yes?? The light streaming in...the red dress. Beautiful.



MY LIFE AFTER NOW

WHAT NOW?

Lucy just had the worst week ever. Seriously, mega bad. And suddenly, it’s all too much—she wants out. Out of her house, out of her head, out of her life. She wants to be a whole new Lucy. So she does something the old Lucy would never dream of.

And now her life will never be the same. Now, how will she be able to have a boyfriend? What will she tell her friends? How will she face her family? Now, every moment is a precious gift. She never thought being positive could be so negative. But now, everything’s different…because now she’s living with HIV.



I was lucky enough to read the ARC and I must say, I really loved this book. Lucy is a real character with an interesting family and she makes a really bad decision and is then faced with heart wrenching consequences. I love books where you can see how this COULD happen to you and imagine how YOU would handle it as you move through the main character's story.

It's an emotional story about a life that is changed forever by one mistake. Worth reading!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds good! and such a lovely cover. Thanks, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good book and yes the cover is gorge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I just saw this (guess I don't Google myself enough!). Thank you so much for this lovely feature, Janet! You're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete